Creating a kinder, gentler world for grieving people, through massage therapy.℠
2019 open Trainings
The Joy of Grief Massage
Zoom Live Webinar Class Series
5 Classes Total/3 CE each - $ 329
Learn the Grief Massage philosophy + approach. This live webinar 5 class series offers education and structure for beginning your work with grieving clients. Class size is limited to 4 students to create a safe and nurturing atmosphere. You will meet with your instructor and classmates every few weeks on Saturday mornings from 7-10 am EST.
Topics include: Grief, the Body & the Nervous System, Grief Massage Intake & Protocols, The Grief Massage Sequence (hands-on practice), Emotional Release & Scope of Practice, and Creating Grief Massage Programs (marketing ideas).
Registration is now full for this training opportunity! Please subscribe to our newsletter for updates on future training opportunities!
SUMMER 2019 DATES: Saturday 7/13, Saturday 7/27, Saturday 8/10, Saturday 8/24, Saturday 9/7: 7-10 am EST. Learn more and register on Eventbrite.
COMING SOON: The Joy of Grief Massage
Fully Online Self-Paced Course
CE’s NOT YET OFFERED
$ 329 for Lifetime Access/ $ 259 for 3 months of access
Learn the Grief Massage philosophy + approach. This fully recorded 15 hour online course lets you learn at your own pace & offers education and structure for beginning your work with grieving clients. Training consists of narrated slides and videos from the instructor, with printable worksheets to help you integrate the information.
Topics include: Grief, the Body & the Nervous System, Grief Massage Intake & Protocols, The Grief Massage Sequence (view a recorded demo session), Emotional Release & Scope of Practice, and Creating Grief Massage Programs (marketing ideas). Please note that CE’s are not yet offered for this online course. Open Enrollment for this class coming soon!
COMING SOON: Disenfranchised Grief 101
Fully Online Self Paced Course
CE’s NOT YET OFFERED
$47 for Lifetime Access/$34 for 3 months of access
This fully recorded 2 hour online course offers education on a special concern in the area of grief and loss : Disenfranchised Grief. Learn what disenfranchised grief is along with 4 distinct categories of losses that can lead to disenfranchised grief.
This class will increase your empathy and highlight implications for massage therapists (ways that you can become more sensitive to clients with disenfranchised grief in your practice). Please note that CE’s are not yet offered for this online course. Open Enrollment for this class coming soon!
About Grief Massage
5 ways the Grief Massage philosophy + approach differs from traditional therapeutic massage modalities.
1. Our focus on safety. From our perspective, safety is the single most important thing. A grieving client needs to feel safe and sheltered.
2. Our willingness to work with clothed clients. Meeting a grieving client where they are can mean that we perform relaxation massage techniques through clothing.
3. Our commitment to “doing our own work”. Compassionate detachment (releasing the outcome of sessions) can be cultivated with practices like self-reflection, mindfulness, meditation, visualization and surrender.
4. Our aspiration to release the need to “fix” grief. We commit to the ongoing practice of witnessing and holding space without attempting to “fix” anything. Bearing witness to grief is a skill that we will spend our lives learning.
5. Our “less is more” orientation. We use the simplest of massage techniques, with gentle pressure and the intention to be present. Doing less allows more space for the grieving client to be simply be.
Created for massage therapists who feel called to work with grieving clients, this e-book (PDF) contains 30 journaling prompts for connecting with your inner calling.
About The 30 Day Journaling Project: All you need is this e-book, a notebook, a pen or pencil, and 5 minutes each day for the next month.
This e-book is a compilation of the 30 day journaling project posts we shared on Facebook and Instagram at the beginning of 2018.
Cost: I value this e-book at $7 BUT if you would like to receive 100% off the price and access this e-book free, please sign up for The Grief Massage Newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Once you sign up for The Grief Massage Newsletter and then confirm your subscription, you will receive a coupon code for 100% off the price of this e-book!
Please note that this e-book is specifically for massage therapists who feel called to work with grieving clients.